6 Sources of Plant Protein
These sources of protein are not only great substitutes for animal protein, they are complete and offer infinitely more vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients that are lacking in animal protein.
- Legumes: Best and highest sources of protein from beans comes from lentils, adzuki, black and red kidney
- Nuts and nut butters: Almonds and Cashews are the least acidic of the nuts but walnuts, brazil nuts and pistachios are packed with valuable omega 3s
- Seeds: the most complete seed protein comes from hemp and sacha inchi Great sources of iron pumpkin and rounding out the top picks are sesame, sunflower and
- Grains: high protein grains and low acid grains including my favorite quinoa and amaranth
- High protein vegetables: spinach, brocolli and kale
- Soy: tofu, tempeh and miso